Are you looking for ways to enhance your peace of mind when you sleep?
Well, you might want to consider acquiring the best barking dog alarm (electronic watchdog) for your home, garden, business or garage.
With the current increasing level of insecurity, there is a great need to protect yourself, your family and property. And what option would be more affordable than getting a barking dog alarm?
A barking dog alarm will easily instill fear in an intruder by creating the illusion that an actual dog is present.
Intruders may not necessarily be deterred by dogs or a barking dog alarm for that matter, but it will alert you of unwanted presence around your home – which may allow you to call for help or take the necessary precaution in good time.
In instances where you are not at home, the fact that your neighbors will also be alerted is enough to keep a burglar away. Plus a barking dog alarm offers you protection without the hassle of keeping a real dog.
So how do you go about securing your home with the best barking dog alarm? With so many options to choose from, we have compiled a list of 10 best barking dog alarms for you.
Let’s dive right in!
Our Top 10 Picks
This electronic device uses a radar-wave sense control that allows it to detect motion through walls and doors. It weighs 3.68 ounces and uses Alternating Current (AC) as its power supply. In case of a power outage, it accommodates 8 AA batteries as back-up.
- The package comes with a remote control that allows you to disarm or arm the system.
- Its radar sensitivity has a range of 10-20 feet.
- It has an adjustable volume.
- It can switch to chime from barking dog when alerting you of guests.
- In case of an emergency you can sound the panic alarm.
- It cannot detect motion through steel doors, bricks or cement walls.
It has a weight of 12.3 ounces and can be placed in any location. It offers reliable protection as it is designed to bark with intensity as an intruder gets closer and closer.
It can sense movement through glass, walls and doors.
- It has a distance sensitivity of 30 feet.
- It features 4 different sound options.
- It can plug into any standard power outlet.
- It is perfect for both private and public buildings.
- It has no battery option for back-up.
This watchdog alarm weighs 1.8 pounds. It is known for its ferocious dog sound that increases in frequency as the intruder draws closer. It also features a siren in case of an emergency and has a greeting sound when announcing the arrival of a welcome guest.
- It has a water-resistant top.
- It can be used in both private and public places.
- Its radar sensitivity can be adjusted up to 26 feet.
- It can detect motion through walls, thick doors and glass.
- It can be plugged into any standard outlet.
- It has provision for six “C” batteries.
This barking dog alarm features 3 receiver working modes- LED, Melody and LED + Melody.
It has a 180 degree of rotation detection area and weighs 0.16 ounces with dimensions of 4.7 x 3.7 x 1.6 inches.
It is powered by DC 5V and has a provision for 3 AAA or 3 AA batteries.
The devise does not interfere with doorbells as it also features an anti-interference technology.
- It has an adjustable volume.
- It has 3 sound options; barking dog sound, welcome chime, and a dingdong sound.
- It is easy to install.
- Its transmitter is waterproof making it suitable for outdoor or indoor installation.
- It has a hole at the back which allows it to be hung on a wall or a desk.
- It is quite affordable.
- The barking dog sounds are a tad bit repetitive.
It has dimensions of 9 x 5.2 x 5.2 inches and weighs 2.32 pounds. The Streetwise Virtual K9 is ideal for your house, business store, office or any place that needs protection. It deters would-be intruders with its vicious barking dog sound and provides all the benefits of having a real guard dog without vet visits and food bills.
- It can “see” through most walls made of glass, cement, stucco, brick or wood.
- It has a maximum volume of 120dB with 8 volume levels and three sound modes (chime, barking dog and alarm).
- It comes with an AC adapter.
- Motion detection is over 10 feet range.
- It has a wireless remote control that can disarm/arm the system.
- In case of a power outage it has provision for 3 AA batteries.
- It is slightly expensive.
This device has dimensions of 10.8 x 6.8 x 11 inches and weighs 6.36 pounds. It gives you all the advantages of an on-the-clock guard dog and has a radar sensitivity range of up to 25 feet. It is designed to bark more frequently and louder as the intruder gets closer.
- It uses a standard power current.
- It has 3 sound options.
- It has a protective high-impact plastic casing.
This device requires no installation and can be used to protect any premise like a dorm, a house, office etc.
It has dimensions of 20 x 5.5 x 3 inches and weighs 2.56 ounces. It has two sound options of a barking dog and a powerful siren.
- It is made of heavy-gauge steel.
- It produces sound when the door knob is touched.
- It has provision for one battery of 9V.
- It has a realistic barking dog sound.
- The bar can easily be extended.
- It does not have a motion detector at range.
This barking dog alarm is motion-activated and provides home security by producing an authentic barking dog sound that scares off intruders. It has a radar sensitivity of up to 20 feet and it is adjustable as you deem fit.
- It is packed with a wireless remote control that allows you to set off a panic alert alarm or disarm/arm the system.
- It comes with an AC adapter and can use any standard power outlet.
- It has an adjustable volume which can be switched to a pleasant chime mode when you are at home and expecting visitors.
- It has provision for 8 AA backup batteries when there is a power outage.
- The 8 AA batteries are not included in the package.
This device weighs 1.0 pounds with a height of 7 inches and provides an excellent way to keep off would-be intruders. It can detect motion through thick walls, doors and glass.
It features an adjustable radar sensitivity of between 10-20 feet.
- It has an adjustable volume.
- It can switch from angry barking dog sound to a welcoming chime.
- In case of a power outage, it can use 8 AA batteries.
- It includes a wireless remote control.
- It is maintenance free.
- It requires some form of installation.
This barking dog alarm offers reliable 24-hour protection from intruders. It has a height of 7 inches and weighs 2.0 pounds with a radar sensitivity range of 10-20 feet that is adjustable.
- It has an adjustable volume.
- It has provision for 8 AA back-up batteries.
- It comes with a wireless remote control.
- It has a welcoming chime sound option.
- The batteries are not included in the package.
How to choose the best barking dog alarm
Probably you are still wondering why you need to acquire a barking dog alarm instead of a real guard dog.
Here are a few reasons why:
Challenges of Dog Ownership
- Taking care of a dog can be time-consuming.
- Dogs are expensive to maintain, in terms of food and veterinary bills.
- They can be messy.
- Some property owners don’t allow their tenants to keep pets.
- Some people get allergies when they come into contact with dogs.
- Dogs can cause damage to property or even harm their owners or children.
What to consider when selecting the best barking dog alarm
As much as barking dog alarms are effective at deterring intruders, there are key features that make them effective that you need to look out for.
The barking dog alarm you choose should be easy to install or hung.
You will need to select a barking dog alarm that can sense motion through doors, windows and thick walls.
A barking dog alarm that can be adjusted to detect an intruder at a better distance is preferred so as to eliminate false alarms.
Its volume should not be disruptive but loud enough to serve its purpose.
The best barking dog alarm should have various sound options. For instance, you will need to have the option of selecting an alert tone during day time and switching back to a dog barking sound at night.
The manufacturer of the barking dog alarm should provide a warranty that will act as a quality guarantee and even protect you as a buyer in case of a dysfunction.
It should have a provision for batteries to ensure that you are still protected even during a power outage.
The best barking dog alarm should detect visitors or intruders from afar.
Don’t necessarily scout for the cheapest barking dog alarm, make sure you have a balance of effectiveness and cost instead.
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
What is a barking dog alarm?
It is a wireless alarm device with a motion detector, which when activated, produces sound that resembles a barking dog. It is normally placed at the entrances of houses. The sensors in the device enable it to sense any movement through walls and doors, which allows it to “see” outside even when it has been placed inside the house.
How close does someone have to be for a barking dog alarm to be triggered?
You can set the distance or the range of detection. The best barking dog alarms are adjustable.
Does it produce barking sound when someone arrives at the door?
Yes it does. You have the option to select a welcoming chime during the day and it will alert you when your guests have arrived. The same applies to night time when you can switch to barking dog sound.
Is a barking dog alarm effective?
Barking dog alarms are proven to be effective mostly because real guard dogs are as well. Intruders know that dogs have the potential to injure them or alert property owners and security personnel, so they would be hesitant to proceed with a burglary.
What really deters them is the sound of the dog rather than the actual dog itself, hence making a barking dog alarm as effective.
Security has been lately considered as one of the most important aspects in life. You definitely want to rest assured that your family, property or business premise is well protected.
A barking dog alarm comes to your rescue on this matter and purchasing one will save you a lot of sleepless nights.
Having gone through the best barking dog alarms in the market in this buying guide, you can now make an informed choice on which brand or model to purchase.
Protect yourself today!
You may also like
- Best Body Mounted Cams
- Best Hidden Camera Detectors
- Best Motion Sensors & Detectors
- Best Simulated Surveillance Cameras